MASSAGE THERAPY KITCHENER
optimizes health and well-being.
Massage Therapy consists primarily of hands-on manipulation of the soft tissues of your body, specifically your muscles, connective tissues, tendons, ligaments, and joints for the purpose of optimizing your health.
Massage Therapy has a therapeutic effect on your body and optimizes health and well-being by affecting your muscular, nervous, and circulatory systems.
The goal of Massage Therapy is to improve and maintain your function, as well as improve your pain and stress levels. Massage therapy has a great deal of benefits for our body. Choose a perfect massage that helps to reduce stress, relieve tension through deep relaxation, relax tense muscles, increase circulation, promote healing, and help with chronic conditions such as arthritis and fibromyalgia.
Types of Massage Therapy:
Used as a treatment for new or longstanding health conditions such as back pain, neck pain, tendonitis, and others. It can be use to help with healing as well as preventing conditions.
Deep Tissue Massage
Benefits of Massage Therapy Treatments
The benefits of massage therapy are numerous. The most common effects include relaxation, increased circulation, reduced muscle tension, improved range of motion, relief from feelings of pain, and improved sleep quality.
- Relaxation – The trained techniques of a registered massage therapist can provide relief from physical and emotional stress.
- Pain Management – Massage helps with both acute and chronic pain relief.
- Stress Relief – Deep pressure applied to specific areas of the body can release endorphins that make you feel better.
- Improved Circulation – Massages stimulate blood flow and lymphatic drainage which increases oxygen delivery throughout the body.
- Enhanced Immunity – Regular massages can strengthen the immune system and prevent illness.
- Increased Flexibility – Proper massages can loosen tight muscles, allowing the body to increase your range of motion.
- Increased Awareness – Massaging stimulates the senses and improves concentration.
- Reduced Anxiety – Massage reduces anxiety and promotes relaxation.
- Improved Sleep – Relaxing massage treatments have been shown to improve sleep quality and duration.
- Increased Energy – Massage releases natural energy reserves and gives you an overall sense of well being.
Conditions Treated With Massage Therapy
Our massage therapy can be helpful in treating a wide variety of conditions. Some common ones include:
- Back Pain
- Chronic Pain
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Foot Pain
- Injury Rehabilitation
- Knee Injury and Pain
- Muscle Spasms
- Neck Pain
- Nerve Pain
- Post-Operative Care
- Repetitive Strain Injuries
- Sports Injuries
- Shoulder Pain
- Stress Management
- Wrist/Hand/Elbow Pain
- and more!
What Happens During A Massage Therapy Session?
A typical massage session begins with a consultation where we discuss your detailed health history assessment and goals. We then create a personalized massage therapy plan based on your needs.
Your massage therapist will use their hands, knuckles, elbows, forearms, palms, fingers, and thumbs to apply pressure to various points to achieve optimal results.
How Long Do Massage Treatments Take?
Most treatments take 30-60 minutes depending on how many different techniques are used. However, some treatments can last longer if there is a lot of soreness or inflammation present. Depending on your issue, we might ask you to come for follow-up appointments to continue your recovery.
Who Can Benefit From Massage Therapy?
Anyone who wants to benefit from massage therapy should consider it. There are no age limits, although people over 60 may need to modify certain techniques. People who are pregnant or nursing should not receive deep tissue massage due to the risk of injury to the baby.
Why Choose Our Massage Therapy Team?
At Strive Physiotherapy & Performance, we focus on using our clinical experience and extensive knowledge to rehabilitate and prevent injury..
At Strive Physiotherapy & Performance, registered massage therapists work as part of a multidisciplinary team. Working collaboratively with our physiotherapists, our Kitchener-based health care practitioners are able to offer a comprehensive treatment plan that is highly effective. Over the years, our synergistic approach to healthcare has produced positive results when it comes to accelerated recovery and prevention of future pain or dysfunction. We are a caring team of licensed health care professionals, ensuring you are well-informed of your care and progress.
Get Rid of Pain and Achieve Your Health Goals
We’ve worked hard together as a clinic in order for us to be focused on what matters most: YOU! Our goal is to help you with pain and injury recovery and get back out there doing those daily life activities you love again – no matter how big or small it may seem! Our Kitchener massage therapy clinic is always at your disposal.
If you have any questions about our services, please feel free to call us or book an appointment. Choose our amazing team and get back on the move today!