Your COVID-19 Appointment Protocol
Strive Physiotherapy & Performance is now authorized by the Ministry of Health and the College of Physiotherapists of Ontario to resume in-person appointments, beginning June 8th! With the safety of our staff, community, and valued clients in mind, things may look a little different the next time you visit our clinic.
Please review the following document. It outlines important steps that must be taken before, during, and after your in-person appointments at Strive Physiotherapy & Performance. We greatly appreciate your willingness to follow this protocol, as well as your cooperation in the promotion of health and safety for all!
Forms to Sign
- Our standard intake forms (for all NEW clients) – this will include things like your name, address, and previous medical history
- A new, mandatory COVID-19 Screening Questionnaire (for ALL clients). This must be completed the day of every in-person appointment. With safety top of mind, you will not be able to enter the clinic without completing this form
- You will be required to wear a mask to enter the clinic, and for all in-person appointments. It can be cloth or paper. Please bring your own mask.
- All clinicians will also be wearing a mask during your in-person appointments, so we’ll match!
Arrival at the Clinic
- Please wait outside the clinic, or in your vehicle until the time of your appointment
- Please enter the clinic at the exact time of your appointment
- Please leave all personal belongings at home, or in your vehicle – this includes jackets, bags/purses, and water bottles. You may bring in a method of payment, your cell phone, and your exercise band(s).
- You must sanitize your hands immediately upon entering the clinic, when asked to do so by a staff member, and before leaving the clinic
Others at your Appointment
- No one will be allowed to accompany you to your appointment unless you are under the age of 16 and require a parent/guardian OR if you would typically have assistance for mobility/safety concerns
- If someone must accompany you, please let us know in advance as they will also be required to complete the mandatory COVID-19 Screening Questionnaire
- Only enter the waiting room if there is no one else in it, or you have been instructed to do so by a staff member
- Use the markings on the floor to respect physical distancing
- Please avoid touching any surfaces while waiting for assistance
- There will be no washrooms available to the public, except in the case of an emergency
- Please use your washroom at home prior to coming for your appointment
- Your appointment will take place fully in your therapist’s designated treatment area
- Only the necessary equipment will be brought into the treatment area, and all equipment is thoroughly sanitized after each client’s use
After Your Appointment
- All follow up appointments will be booked by your therapist in their designated treatment area
- Your home exercise program will be emailed to you – with video and written instructions
- Your therapist will see you to the reception area where the front desk staff will confirm payment
- All payments will occur without direct contact with the front desk staff, who is behind plexiglass
- We strongly urge you to pay via contactless payment with a debit or credit card, or you may add your credit card to your file. No cash will be accepted at this time.
- You will receive an electronic receipt via email
Exiting the Clinic
- Once payment is confirmed, please sanitize your hands and leave the clinic immediately